Tuesday 21 January 2014

Moodboard // Ooh La Flamingo.

*Images sources from left to right // 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 *
If you told me last week that I would dedicate a whole blog post to a pink bird, I wouldn't of believed you. In fact if you told me yesterday, I still won't of believed you. However here I am today sharing with you my current "unlikely" inspiration, and possibly my new style icon ... the flamingo, I mean come on guys lets face it this bird has style! It all started late last night when I was gathering images to use in my scrapbook (Yes Ella's amazing post on "Staying Creative" , completely inspired me!), when I suddenly realised that sub-consciously over the last month I had saved/pinned (Yes you're looking at a Pinterest addict here!) loads of photos that were very flamingo-esque. This led me to the conclusion that I must have a thing for elegant pink birds that can stand on one leg! I didn't realise it till last night, but thinking about it now all the signs were there. Lusting over anything and everything pink, wearing pastel pink nail polish non-stop, me having a dream about wearing the most amazing fuzzy pink coat, and standing on one leg ... OK so not the last one, but I thinks its pretty safe to say that I've been wanting to be a flamingo for awhile now. So without further ado I thought I'd share with you a few items that will get you on your way to becoming in my opinion "the prettiest bird in all the land" ...
Where to buy from left to right  // 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
OK OK OK! Yessssss I'll admit I've simply just selected all the beautiful pink things my heart desires ... And yes you're right I'm using flamingos as an excuse to obsess over pink yet again! I have a problem, I know! But honestly, you can't deny that there's something ridiculously flirtatious about wearing pink that's hard to resist! ... no? Only me? OK then! I should probably confess however that I actually don't wear much pink ... I know shock horror Aimee doesn't actually wear much pink, yet she declares her love for the colour ALL THE TIMEEEEE! Take a moment to let that sink in, because sadly it's true! (contrary to popular belief my wardrobe doesn't resemble Barbies! ... although my 5 year old self wishes it did) Perhaps that's the reason I decided to write this post ... to sub consciously inspire myself to "embrace the pink"! Well I can tell you girlie's (or guys?) its working. This time next week I'll be a walking talking flamingo ... either that or I'll look like Barbie's thrown up all over me (such a strange visual image for you there!), either way I'm definitely going to be investing in some pink for my wardrobe soon ...

... The question is will you? Have I tempted you to embrace your inner flamingo? ... or does the thought of wearing pink still make you shudder with horror?

... Hope you all had a lovely Tuesday! 
* For a lot of these images I was unable to find the exact original source (so annoying when that happens!), so instead I've linked you to the images on Pinterest account.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I LOVE THIS. That mood board is honestly breathtaking. I'm not sure I am very good at wearing pink, but I want to try now.

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! Pink is perfect at all times hahah

    I have followed you on GFC, please check out my blog! :)

    www.savannahsushei.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really provide the concrete and authentic information in the blogs you do produce. I like your style because it is really different from the rest of writers. Keep it up and I shall come again and again to increase me in knowledge through your solid informative blogs.
    floral face mask

    ReplyDelete
  4. The words you use in the blog to share your knowledge and expertise are really magical. That all has increased my knowledge. Kindly share some fresh material about Lifestyle | Beauty | Fashion.
    digital face mask online

    ReplyDelete