Friday 14 February 2014

Fashion // Orla Kiely SS/14

// Original Images found here on the Orla Kiely Pinterest page //
I think we all know by now that I adore anything and everything designed by Orla Kiely, so I thought it was only natural to share with you some of my favourite pieces from the new collection ... which I believe is now available online and in stores as of today! Sadly most of these beautiful items are unattainable to me at the moment (Yes I'm looking at you Raccoon bag!), but hey a girl can dream right? So dream we shall ...

In my opinion Orla Kiely never fails to disappoint and this season was certainly no different. Inspired by Wes Anderson's "Moonrise Kingdom" (*I know, I'm squealing inside too!*) and girl scouts, it was obvious that I was going to fall head over heels in love with this collection right from the get go! As always each piece has a modern yet retro feel to it, which I believe is something that no other designer can do as well as Orla. To me this collection has a very strong feel of the late 60's /early 70's to it, which as you can imagine being a vintage geek myself I adore this immensely. Every piece just so happens to be incredibly feminine and playful and ALSO I think there's an interesting contrast of texture and embellishment throughout. I know, I know, can it sound even more perfect than it already does? ... well yes my friends, yes It can! There's animal motif embroidery too ... annnnnd animal shaped bags, I repeat animal shaped bags! Yes you heard me animal shaped bags! Can you tell I'm obsessed with the animal shaped bags? (OK I'll stop its becoming annoying now!) 

Also I should mention that if like me your swooning over those delectable shoes that the model is wearing above, I can happily tell you that they are part of a collaboration with Clarks (I know, who would of thought it!) and are available here along with the rest of the collection. 

... Now that I've declared my love and admiration for Orla Kiely, I'm off to pretend I'm Suzy Bishop!

What are your thoughts on the collection though? Is there a particular piece your swooning over? ... and are you a fan of the animal shaped bags too? hehe!

Hope you've all had a lovely Valentines Day!

P.s.  ... Also who's excited to see what other magical creations are at the at the Orla Kiely AW 14/15 presentation tomorrow? I know I certainly am!  







1 comment:

  1. So many pretties! The snippets from their London Fashion Week show look amazing! X

    ReplyDelete